Paint the Night "Around the World" Street Fair
Destination: Park Place
Saturday, July 26, 2014 (5-10pm)
Join us for one special night when Leawood is transformed into an old-fashioned street fair. Ash Street and 116th Place are closed as guests travel around the world with a magical night of festivities, fashion, food and fun at Park Place’s annual street party.
This year's "Around the World" street fair will be dedicated to celebrating the arts with a spectacular feast of dance, music and art from the region’s best talent. All of the legendary Park Place restaurants will line the streets with food and drink booths as they offer a culinary sampling from around the world — Japanese, Mexican, Italian, American and more. In addition, the Park Place boutiques will offer a dazzling display of men’s, women’s, children and bridal fashion in a choreographed fashion show to live instrumental rock music.
For entertainment, two stages will showcase a variety of multi-cultural local and regional music and dance performances for all ages to enjoy, from opera to mariachi to Irish rock, culminating in a grand finale of acrobats, fire and aerials. At the same time, themed performers will roam the streets of Park Place representing a variety of countries, like Scottish bagpipes or a Bavarian accordion player while a Chinese dragon makes periodic appearances to the delight of kids from two to 92.
ASH STREET STAGE (Located near Michael Shae Salon)
5-5:45pm: Mariachi Band - The Three Amigos
5:45-6:15pm: Irish Puppet Show - “The Magic Cauldron” by the Stone Lion Puppets
6:15-6:45pm: Caribbean Steel Drums - Bryan Alford
6:45-7:15pm: Italian Opera Singer - Ashley Wheat
7:30-9pm: Reggae Band - Arm the Poor
9:15-10pm: Pan-Asian Aerial Acrobats and Fire Dancing - Rhythmic Flames
116 PLACE STAGE (Located near Pinot’s Palette)
5-6pm: Polka Music/Dancing - Bavarian Brass Band
6-6:15pm: Mariachi Band - The Three Amigos
6:30-6:45pm: Instrumental Rock - Metropolitan Strings Academy
6:45-7:15pm: Fashion Show featuring Park Place Boutiques choreographed to instrumental rock by Metropolitan Strings Academy
7:15-7:30pm: Egyptian Belly Dancing - Bridgette
7:30-10pm: Irish Rock Band - Blarney Stone
5:30-6: Italian Opera Singer - Ashley Wheat
6:30-7:15: Mariachi Band - The Three Amigos
7-7:45: Egyptian Snake Charmer
7:15-8: African Drums - Bryan Alford
8-9: USA Rock Acoustic – Nick Nave
8-8:45: Egyptian Snake Charmer
9-9:45: Gypsy Fortune Teller
ROAMING STREET PERFORMERS
5-5:30pm: Irish Puppets - Stone Lion Puppets
5:30-6: Scottish Bagpiper – Kevin Gilstrap
5:45-6: Chinese Dragon
6-6:15: Italian Opera Singer - Ashley Wheat
6-6:45: Egyptian Snake Charmer
6:15-6:30: Chinese Dragon
6:15-6:45: German Accordion – Bavarian Brass Band
6:30-7: Scottish Bagpiper – Kevin Gilstrap
7-7:30: German Accordion – Bavarian Brass Band
7:15-7:30: Chinese Dragon
7:15-8:15: Pan-Asian LED Performers – Rhythmic Flames
7:45-8: Egyptian Belly Dancing - Bridgette
7:45-8:45: Pan-Asian Acrobatics – Rhythmic Flames
8:15-8:30: Egyptian Belly Dancing - Bridgette
Food and Drink Tents: 801 Chophouse, 801 Fish, BurgerFi, California Pizza Kitchen, Carma, Gordon Biersch, Ingredient Restaurant, Mestizo by Aaron Sanchez, Parisi Cafe, Pig and Finch and RA Sushi. See below for a menu listing from each restaurant at their outdoor food & drink booth.
Free parking is available in three Park Place covered garages:
South Nall Garage - Enter northbound on Nall Avenue (between 117th Street and Town Center Drive)
North Nall Garage – Enter at Nall and Town Center Drive (next to AMC Corporate Headquarters)
117th Street Garage – Enter on 117th Street
Click here for specific directions to the parking garages.
For guests who want to stay at Park Place for the evening, Aloft Leawood-Overland Park Hotel
will be offering a special “Stay and Play” rate for $89 a night. Walk out your door and enjoy the event! To book, call 877-822-1999 toll free and ask to book a room under the rate plan “PAINT.”
In addition to serving up plenty of food, fashion and fun, the “Around the World” street fair will also raise funds and awareness for the Susan G. Komen Greater Kansas City Affiliate
. Komen KC provides breast health awareness, education, advocacy and life-saving screenings to the community. For a donation, attendees will be able to participate in the creation of a collaborative multi-cultural mural spearheaded by Pinot’s Palette. Guests can also bid in a silent auction for the completed work of art throughout the evening, with the winning bid to be announced at the conclusion of the event. Guests will also have the opportunity to purchase a VIP seat to the fashion show for an additional donation of $25 to Komen KC. There will be a Susan G. Komen booth on site providing information on future involvement opportunities.
It is recommended to bring cash as only a limited number of food/drink booths will have credit card processing machines.
You are welcome to bring your own folding chairs to the stage performances.
Stop by the Customer Service booth first (located in the circle drive near the front of Aloft Hotel) to pick up your event brochure. This will provide you with a complete schedule of events, food booth locations, special offers and more.
Purchase your VIP tickets to the fashion show early (donation of $25 to Susan G. Komen) as seats are limited. This includes the Metropolitan String Academy performance, as well.
Below is a listing of the available menus at our food & drink booths. Additional items will be available:
- Braised Beef Sliders with Pickled Onion and a Port Wine Veal Jus
- Hawaiian Tuna Ceviche-- Jicama, Cucumber, Sweet Soy, Seasonal Oyster Shooters
– Food: Regular/Veggie Burgers, Fries. Drink: Concretes and a Selection of Craft Beers
California Pizza Kitchen
– Food: Chicken Lettuce Wrap Cups, White Corn Guacamole Bites. Drink: Bottles of Water, Caribbean Sunset and Appleberry Sangrias
– Food: Mini Chicken Spiedini, Pizza by the Slice, Toasted Raviolis, Mozzarella Sticks, Meatball Sandwich, Italian Sausage Sandwich, Garlic Knots, Cinnamon Bites. Drink: Bottles of Soda, Strawberry Sangria, Pineapple Infused Martini, Draft Beers and Wine (Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon)
– Food: Housemade Baby Brats on a Pretzel Bun, Jerk Chicken Sliders with a Mango Salsa. Drinks: American ESB (Extra Special Bitters) and Golden Export. Non-Alcoholic Beverage: Homemade Strawberry Lemonade.
- Food: South African Bunny Chow, Tostada Bowls for our Latin Region, Irish Beirocks, Greek Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and Pita Chips, Asian Spring Rolls, All American Brisket Sliders. Drinks: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Diet Dr. Pepper, Aquafina, Budweiser, Bud Lite, Boulevard Pale Ale, Boulevard Wheat, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir
Mestizo by Aarón Sánchez
– Food: Skirt Steak Tacos. Drink: Margaritas
– Food Samplings. Drink: Various Craft Beers, Wine by the Glass, Toddy Cold Brew
Pig & Finch
– Food: Espresso Pork Sliders, Bacon Marmalade. Drink: Boulevard Wheat, Boulevard Lemon Ginger Radler, Bottled Water
- Food: California Roll, Tootsy Maki. Drink: Fiji bottled water
This event is open to the public and makes a PERFECT date night or evening out with friends!